Okay folks so today I have to chat about the past 30 days of my life...well technically 31.
January 1st, I began part one of my fifty-billion part new years resolution saga.
Get my lazy butt in shape!
Well let me rephrase that; I've never really been lazy until after I got married, moved to Alaska and began hibernation (Aka. going on lots of dates with my husband, lounging around a lot, and eating horribly).
Until that point I have always been a very, active person. I could tell you the whole story but its easier for you just to read about it here.
So the great news I have to share is today marks 31 days of consistently hitting the gym 3 days a week, dancing in the studio 2 days a week, and home workouts! I am feeling great! I can honestly say this is by far the most active I have been in my whole life and probably the healthiest I have ever felt!
So I want to share with you some of my secretes for staying motivated the past month.
- Take before pictures and record your measurements: yep, my before pictures gave me a clear example of what I wanted to work on and my measurements have given me goals to work on.
- Give yourself a reasonable timeline: lets be honest, most of us would love to drop 10 pounds, but there is a healthy way to do it and an unhealthy way. My personal timeline to reach my goals is 4 months. Be realistic with yourself and the current condition your body is in.
- Give yourself some Pinspiration : haha yep, honestly I have found some of my best workout tools and inspiration through pinterest; and I am ALWAYS pinning new things. Feel free to follow my fitness board.
- Don't give into gimmicks: I'm just keeping it real folks. My rule of thumb is... if it guarantees to do something for you or your body in X amount of days.. its a gimmick. Now note* that I do use many portions of plenty of home workout DVDs (P90X, Insanity, FlirtyGirl Fitness). If you are going to change your LIFEstyle... you change it for LIFE, not just for 30,60 or 90 days.
- Run: I used to despise running. Back when I was a high school cheerleader, running was a punishment for us. Therefore I associated running with bad, bad things! But in the past 31 days I have learned to love to run! I feel happy once I get done with a good run, and stress free. Oh and I discovered the awesome program called Couch-to-5K. You can download it on your iPhone and it trains you for a 5K. Genius, simply genius.
and Last but not least...
- My fitness pal! If you haven't heard of this app then look it up here. It's a free calorie counter, diet & exercise journal. Log all your food, exercise, and track your progress in the palm of your hands. Any of you have My Fitness Pal? Add me as a friend: Leighanne53
So now you know my tips and tricks for the past 31 days! Can't wait to update you all on what the month of February brings me! If any of you are working toward a healthier lifestyle and would like to share your story with me... I'd love to hear (: