Anyone remember this song? Slightly obnoxious and stuck in your head for the rest of the day?
Well this song comes to my head whenever I get crazy renditions of my name!
So today I give you the truth about.... my name!
- My name ... is Leigh Anne ... that would be L-E-I-G-H ... A-N-N-E.
- It is pronounced LEE - ANN, like Jet Lee and Ann of Green Gables.
- 9 people out of 10 spell my name wrong. 10 people out of 10 SAY my name wrong when trying to pronounce it.
- Leigh is my first name and Anne is my middle name.
- My name has meaning behind it. My mom's middle name is Lee and my aunt's middle name was Ann... together came a new spelling and the creation of Leigh Anne.
- I was almost a Kimberly -- hmm, makes me think of Kimmy off of Full House.
- ALL of my family calls me "Leigh Anne"
- When I was in 1st grade, I told my teacher Mr. Doorley that I wanted to be called "Leigh" ... what? Yep, I was a rebel without a cause from age 6.
- From then on I was known as Leigh to all my friends... just Leigh, one syllable Leigh.
- The older I got the more I realized that Leigh was apparently difficult for everyone in society to grasp. I constantly got called "Leah"... or "Lay"...
- Thats when I tried to re-establish myself as Leigh Anne. I added my middle name to my facebook page, I attempted to introduce myself as Leigh Anne... I signed papers Leigh Anne... this was my new alias.
- My close friends never caught on... my husband still hasn't caught on... but to all of you I am Leigh Anne and that's the way I like it.
- I like the flow, I like that there is less confusion to be called "Leah' or "Lay"... I like that there are two syllables.
- I've considered legally changing my first name to Leigh Anne -- way too much work.
- Yet I always... ALWAYS get lovely e-mails from readers saying "Hi Leann" or "Hi Leigh-Ann"
- I hate to correct people.... but "That's not my name".
- What do I prefer, you ask ? Leigh Anne! ... will my friends which I've known for years ever catch on? Probably not but hey that's what family is for!
- Through this name saga of my life I make a concerted effort to ALWAYS spell peoples names correctly, because I know how much of a pet peeve it is!
Any of you have any name pronunciation woes? I'd love to hear! (: