I have been wanting to get this recipe on the blog for FOREVR! However it is very rare I have time to prepare a food dish and take photos of it. I'm so glad to get this up and share it with you all because I know there are many of you who have never been exposed to Spaghetti Squash!
Spaghetti Squash is a fantastic healthy food and a great low calorie option when compared to cooked pasta!
So today I give you cooking instruction, which are easy as pie!
1 whole Spaghetti Squash
Toppings of choice
- Start by washing and drying your squash
- Cut the squash in half
- With a spoon scrape out the seeds and 'innards'
- Heat a pan of water deep enough to fit the two halves of squash with a lid.
- Once the water is about to boil place the two halves face down in the pan
- Set your kitchen timer for 20 minutes
- Remove squash halves; the should be very soft.
- With a fork, scrape the insides and like magic, you will see spaghetti looking pieces
- Scrape the whole squash out until you can't get any more
- Top with your desired toppings: pasta sauce, olive oil, garlic etc. etc.
Want to know how it compares to 1 cup of cooked pasta?
Here you go:
1 Cup Cooked Pasta
1 cup spaghetti squash