Okay so if you haven't heard, or caught on... my husband is currently deployed to Afghanistan. We are only a couple months into the deployment and I have already went a little "Care Package Crazy." Every single time I step into Target or Walmart my brain starts thinking of creative care package ideas I can send my husband. Of course, the first few packages I sent him were pretty generic: personal hygene, snacks, DVDs... an xbox (eye roll). But anyways, you get the picture. So recently I have taken on a new healthy lifestyle and a love for fitness (you can read more about that here) and sometimes I tend to brag about it to my husband, in a joking manner because we always have had a little friendly competition about who looks better. Is that weird? Anyways... my husband has been having a little difficulty finding motivation to go to the gym and he always says to me "Can you please share with me some of your motivation?" ...
Well yes, yes I can...
Here I share with you "Motivation in a Box." For any of you wives or family members who have run out of care package idea... feel free to use this as a fun idea, and something out of the norm.
So here is the box. Adorned with pictures of a Carnival cruise ship, and Mexican Islands (We are going on our first cruise/belated honeymoon in the fall... thats pretty good motivation, right?)
Also a lovely picture of the affects that drinking pop has on your body... its not pretty people, so cut out the pop.
Here are the contents, and a lovely note to my husband explaining each and every item...
- Mens Health Magazine
- 74.4 oz water bottle -- $3 at Walmart and holds exactly the amount of water you should be drinking daily
- Muscle Milk
- Chromium Picolinate-- an essential nutrient that helps metabolize carbohydrates and lipids. Plays a key role in weight loss and cardiovascular health.
- Mens Pro Edge One a Day -- because everyone needs to take a daily vitamin
- Deodorant-- the note says "Incase you get stinky from all the working out you'll be doing (:"
- Stridex Acne Control Pads
- Cliff Bars-- a healthy option over a candy bar
- Sheets Energy Strips-- if you need an extra boost of energy, use this NOT an energy drink
- Mio drink mix-- perfect to add some flavor to your daily 74.4 oz of water
- Propel Zero drink mix
This box was created totally out of fun, and as a way to send something different than the typical toiletries.
I hope this gives you all some motivation to get creative with your care packages!
If anyone is interested in sending cards or care packages to the troops in Afghanistan then go to Operation Gratitude , and go explore all the ways YOU can help out. Many soldiers do not have families who send things regularly, so you could help make their day. Its they least we can do... right?